Hey! Sorry I haven't been updating in a while - I had school midterms (boo!) and a lot of other stuff! In late November, after Thanksgiving, I played in a tournament at Avenues: The World School and broke 1800 USCF! (Enough to qualify me to the 2016 World Youth!! 😊) Then, I played in the K-12 Grade Championships in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. I scored only 4/7 in the 8th grade section, with 4 wins and 3 losses. However, I 'should have won' all the games I lost! Basically, I got winning positions, winning material in some cases, and somehow managed to screw them up badly and lose! All my opponents I lost to were 1800+, and everyone I beat was at least 300 points lower rated than me. Of course, I didn't get any prizes, but my brother, Alan, who was rated 700, also got 4/7 points which was great for someone his rating and got the 2nd place prize for players rated 600-800 in the 4th grade section! His rating now is around 850 and my rating went down about 25 points from Nationals. I got my 4th category title now, though (finally.)
See ya next time! ^-^
No comments:
Post a Comment